Usual Application Instructions
Candidates should submit electronically the following to email@example.com (indicate in the subject of the email the position in which you are interested; see note A):
- Statement of purpose (in Spanish or English) indicating your merits for the vacancy, and your plans in the areas of research and teaching. Be as specific as possible, e.g., giving examples of how you aim to transfer your engineering knowledge to undergraduate and graduate students, and detailing potential collaboration networks with other researchers you may have developed or intend to develop in the future
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae (in Spanish or English, see note B)
- If available, a copy of your five most recent ISI publications. In case you do not have ISI articles, include articles that you consider relevant in the context of your application
- Three letters of reference, sent directly by the persons who sign them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From this e-mail address you will get an automated response confirming that your information has been received.
The CV must be organized along the following lines:
- Personal background: name, address, contact telephone (with country and city codes), e-mail address, web page (if available), age, nationality, marital status.
- Educational experience (university or institution, courses taught, years).
- Professional experience (company, tasks, years).
- Education: list of all degrees or professional titles obtained with granting institutions and dates, starting from your secondary education degree. In case you are on the course of obtaining a PhD, indicate the date you expect to obtain such degree.
- List of ISI journal publications (see note C)
- List of other publications such as: reports, books or book chapters, conferences attended, research projects where participated, patents, etc.
Please avoid crowding this list with other publications, such as non-ISI journal papers, conference papers, and similar. To see if a journal is included in the Information Sciences Institute (ISI) catalogue, visit the site: http://www.isinet.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jloptions.cgi?PC=master