This Major develops the ability to design, build and implement innovative software components, applications and systems to solve industry ‘s complex problems.
The Major aims to prepare its graduates to become main players of the most important challenges of the XXI century, such as social networks, health, education, city planning, robotics, astronomy, networks of companies, finances, marketing and optimization.In all these domains the software component has become fundamental and, often, the only enabler of significant advances and innovative solutions.
The program graduates will be able to work as researchers, developers or project managers, modeling complex problems, and designing, producing and/or operating software, contributing and innovating in several domains, both in industry and academy.
Program Educational Objectives for the Software Engineering program:
1. Our graduates will perform in the field of Software Engineering and Computing in a competent and professional manner, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the underlying principles of software engineering.
2. Our graduates will develop innovative technological projects in Chile and/or abroad, generating solutions to complex systems problems.
3. Our graduates will demonstrate a self-critical spirit and will enrich their performance through professional and/or graduate studies.
4. Our graduates will participate and collaborate in interdisciplinary and diverse teams, and will advance in leadership in the profession.
5. Our graduates will strive to have a positive economic and social impact on society.
Student Outcomes of the Software Engineering program
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategi
This course allows students to gain an overview of the areas of study of the Major in Software Engineering .
The graduates of Bachelor of Science in Engineering with Major in Software Engineering will be trained to model complex problems and design and implement computer systems, components and applications, which will allow them to perform in various industrial and research fields.
“This major gives you the tools to become a developer, researcher or manager of modern computer technology”, Yadran Eterovic Solano.
Software Engineering: This Major facilitates the continuity with the Title of Civil Engineer of Industries with Diploma in Computer Engineering
This recommended curriculum is subject to modifications in accordance with current academic planning at the time of course enrollment. Stay informed as to the most recent updates to the Academic Plan.