With this minor, students will acquire basic knowledge on the hydrological cycle, the physical, chemical and biological processes that control the transport and quality of water, the impact of human activity on the basins, and the existing technological solutions for the sustainable development of the communities.
Students enrolled in a program other than the Majors in Hydraulic Engineering, Engineering and Environmental Sciences may take this minor.
- ICH1104 Fluid Mechanics
- ICH2204 Hydrology
- ICH2114 Hydraulic Engineering
- ICH2304 Environmental Engineering
- ICH2314 Water Quality
Complementary Electives (*)
- CM2223 Heat Transfer
- IIQ2363 Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- ICH2604 Principles of Water Treatment
- ICH2613 CMD Climate Change: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- ICE2623 Introduction to Physical Geology
- GEO202 Geographic Information Systems
(*) If any of the required courses have been previously taken, the necessary courses from the list must be approved to complete the 50 credits required by this minor.
The list of courses is subject to modifications according to the academic planning in effect at the time of course registration. Remember to always be informed of the latest updates to the Study Program.