Modular Multilevel Converters, Solid State Transformers, renewable energy conversion, fast chargers for electric vehicles and machine drives.
After his PhD, obtained in 2016 from the Technical University of Munich, Germany, Prof. Rojas worked as Assistant and Associate Professor (2020) at the Electrical Engineering Department (DIE) of the University of Santiago, Chile (USACH). He was head of the Electrical Energy Technologies (E2Tech) Research Center, aimed to boost the Chilean technological industry in the electrical sector and also as deputy director for R&D activities at DIE USACH. Since 2021, Prof. Rojas is with the Electrical Engineering Department at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, leading the Power and Energy Conversion Laboratory (PECLAB). He has 19 peer-review WoS papers, more than 30 SCOPUS publications and has graduated more than 30 bachelor and postgraduate students. Since 2016, Prof. Rojas has been awarded with a total budget of ?USD 1.5M in research and development national and international research projects in the field of Power Electronics and Energy Conversion. He is also Associate Research with the Solar Energy Research Center (SERC Chile). His research interests are in control of Modular Multilevel Converters, Solid State Transformers, renewable energy conversion, fast chargers for electric vehicles and machine drives.
– Best Paper Award 2018, conference IEEE EVER. Monte Carlo, Monaco.
– Best Paper Award, 2014 conference IEEE IECON. Vienna, Austria.
– Scholarship Becas Chile to pursue Doctoral Studies, 2011.
– German Scholarship DAAD to pursue Doctoral Studies, 2011.
– Award Ismael Valdés from the Chilean Engineers Institute. Best student considering technical competences.
– Best Student Award of the 2009 graduate promotion of the Electrical Engineering career at USACH.
– Best Student of the engineering faculty at USACH considering math grades of the academic program.
Podrás conocer las últimas iniciativas de Ingeniería UC.Suscríbete
Información sobre las distintas áreas de Ingeniería UC.Contáctanos
Conoce la información relevante para postular a la carrera.Postula