Placements: Who are we?
In 1992, the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Engineering founded the Job Placements Office as one of many initiatives aimed at strengthening the academic and business sectors of Chile. The objectives of this office are to establish a link between businesses and students as soon as possible within each degree program and to position UC graduates in prestigious businesses with operations in Chile and worldwide.
The aims of these objectives are to educate engineers familiarized with the realities of businesses and to take advantage of the theoretical knowledge provided by the university to students, complementing academic education with early work experience.
The missions of the Job Placements Office are to:
- Insert UC Engineers into the most adequate positions offered by the market so as to foster each individual’s potential, abilities, and interests.
- Contribute towards engineering students gaining work experience during the course of their degree program.
- Facilitate the application of theoretical knowledge gained in each degree program during student internships.
- Support businesses in the task of selecting UC engineers, choosing those individuals most appropriate for the specific needs of each business.
- Provide various services associated with the engineer-business relationship.
- Support UC engineers in searching for jobs, providing personalized guidance and aid.
Services for students and alumni
- Job Placements Platform
- Job Fair
- Business Recruitment Drive
- Lectures and workshops
- Part-time jobs
- Visits to businesses
Contact: María Teresa González, Placements Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org