Industry Liaison Office
The Industry Liaison Office of the UC School of Engineering, a virtual office, is dedicated to strengthening and catalyzing the processes of knowledge transfer and relationships between the UC School of Engineering and the industry/public sectors, the aims of which being to have positive socioeconomic impacts and to contribute to the development of Chile.
- Ability to apply or exploit advancements achieved by the UC School of Engineering.
- Efficient interrelationships through an intermediary that adapts to the requirements and realities of each respective industry.
- Preferential contact and action channels regarding technological needs and opportunities in pursuit of value propositions.
- Facilitated connection with industry and advocacy of skills.
- Project back office.
- Reduced project-management responsibilities to allow faculty to focus on activities related to creation and development.
For other organizational units:
- Synergies in resource use and skills.
- Ensured compliance with UC regulations.
- Collaborative strategy.
Services for Professors:
- Support in defining business model.
- Support in defining strategies for protecting intellectual property.
- Support in writing and applying to R+D projects.
- Review (and work with School and DICTUC lawyers) on third-party contracts and agreements related to the execution of R+D projects.
- Support in obtaining the rights to intellectual property.
- Support in establishing new DICTUC units.
- Support in founding spin-off ventures (e.g., preparation of report for Directory approval).
Coordinator of the Industry Liaison Office:
Muriel Oyarzún, firstname.lastname@example.org, teléfono +56223541204